Why Buy From Ntrinsic
Ntrinsic Group 2021
ETHICAL SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES
SYDNEY AUSTRALIA 2010
The earth’s environment is under severe stress from uncontrolled human activity, threatening the survival of our society.
Ntrinsic accepts that it must work to preserve the environmental sustainability of the planet at all levels of its operations – in its own practice, as a participant in a community of practice, and as a participant in the Australian social discourse.
Ntrinsic aspires to minimise its impact on the environment and maximise the effective use of resources. It strives to achieve this mainly through producing designs with functionality and sustainability being the core.
This Ethical & Sustainability Policy aims to integrate a philosophy of ethical and sustainable practices into all aspects of the organisation’s activities and to establish and promote sound ethical practice in its operations.
Ntrinsic is committed to minimising its impact on the environment through
- Providing an ethical and sustainable workplace;
- Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood;
- Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in the community;
- Using, in it's own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment;
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation;
- Participating in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding;
- Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually;
- Conducting evaluations, and self-assessments of the implementation of this policy;
- Working with manufacturers who promote ethical practices; and
- Enhancing awareness among employees, and customers – educating and motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
Ntrinsic has implemented the following initiatives to ensure and its adherence to ethical and sustainability practices.
- Ntrinsic solely works with textile suppliers and manufacturers who meet SGS standards, meeting ethical standards.
- Ntrinsic ensures there is no child labour in the manufacturing process of its attire. It ensures the farmers growing its organic cotton, and the manufacturers assisting in the production of all attire employ fair trade practices. This means the people involved in the process are paid a fair wage and not a living wage, work fair hours and their working environment is suitable to conduct their work responsibly.
- Ntrinsic uses company AUSPOST to deliver local parcels. This organisation in turn supports numbers of non-profit charities.
- Ntrinsic adheres to equal rights ethics, embracing all genders and cultures.
- Ntrinsic will develop guidelines for staff to adopt sound ethical and sustainable work practices, and adequate training will be provided to ensure these practices are carried out.
- Ntrinsic will use reasonable endeavors to reuse and recycle materials, purchase recycled materials, and use recyclable packaging and other materials.
- Ntrinsic will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure that its services and products are safe, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and able to be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
- Ntrinsic will use all reasonable endeavors to minimise materials and energy use, prevent air, water, and other pollution, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Ntrinsic will use reasonable endeavors to ensure that every employee and contractor is informed of and expected to follow this policy and to report any environmental, ethical, health, or safety concern to management so that prompt action may be taken.